- 200-400g Thin cut rump steak
- 1-2tsp coconut oil
- Mixture of roasting vegetables – red onion, peppers, sweet potato, tomatoes, courgette etc…
- Artichokes in olive oil, chopped (optional)
- Fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag of Watercress and/or rocket salad
- 1tsp Wholegrain mustard
- 1tsp honey, agave or maple syrup
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Spring onions finely chopped
Season the steaks well with salt and pepper. Add 1 tsp of coconut to a frying pan and heat to a very high heat. Use a stopwatch to cook the steaks. You want 30 seconds on one side and 30 seconds on the other then straight onto a plate and cover with foil to rest and cool down.
When the steak are cool you can slice them super thin and use some of the juices that have escaped in your salad dressing.
Heat the oven to 200 degrees and prep your roasting veg – be rough with it but aim for bite-size pieces. Roast for 35 minutes with a little coconut oil then leave to cool down.
Mix up the dressing – steak juices, oil, honey, wholegrain and a little squish of lemon juice if you have any.
Lay out the watercress, artichokes and spring onion with some fresh chopped cherry tomatoes then lay out the steak on top with the roasted veg and pour over some of the dressing and demolish! Enjoy!
One thought on “Steak Salad”
[…] new salads, first was a Goats Cheese and Grain salad with a honey lemon dressing and then we had a Steak and roasted veg salad with a lovely peppery mustard […]