A really quick easy one here, spicy wedges go well with so many things – cajun salmon, pulled pork buns, ribs, chicken wings…OMG I’m getting hungry!
1kg White Potatoes (Maris Piper, Kind Edward etc..)
1tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
You can easily scale this recipe up to more or less, portions given are just a guide.
1. Set your oven to 180 degrees. Line a large oven pan with foil and add 2-3 tbsp of oil. Put it in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
2. Leaving the skin on, cut your potatoes into wedge-like shapes.
3. In a bowl, mix your spices and salt.
4. Take the pan out of the oven. Sprinkle over the spice and salt mix then throw in your spuds. Using 2 spoons, turn them a few times in the oil/spice/salt mix and then pop them in the oven.
5. Set a timer for 15 minutes and pour yourself a glass of wine (or beer if you have to).
6. When the timer disturbs your peace, remove the wedges and, using the spoons, turn the taters over. Set the timer for another 15 minutes and pour more wine….
7. When the timer goes off again, repeat the process – remove, turn and time again for the final 15 minutes. Don’t have anymore booze, you won’t remember how good the wedges taste.
8. Remove the wedges from the oven and decant into a suitable receptacle to serve.