I’m making this tonight (20.02.14) for dinner, my mouth keeps watering at the thought of it!!
4 Chicken Breasts, flattened as much as you can with any suitable kitchen instruments
Breadcrumbs (I used panko)
2 eggs beaten
Plateful of flour
Half an onion finely diced
2 cloves of garlic crushed
100ml single cream
Splash of white wine or brandy
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
Sprig of Thyme or Rosemary
Mashable potatoes, I used Tesco’s Finest Blue Belle Potatoes
- MASH: Peel your potatoes, put them in a pan of cold water and once boiling, time for 20-25 minutes. Drain them for 5 minutes, put them back in their pan with a few knobs of butter and go all out mashing them. Add a little milk and use a fork to stir/fluff it through. Put it in the oven to keep warm if necessary
- CHICKEN: Having bashed up the chicken satisfactorily, set up a production line with the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Dip in each methodically and put on a plate.
- CHICKEN: You can either spray with Olive Oil spray and oven back for 20 minutes at 180 or you can pan fry them – heat some oil in a pan then add the chicken breasts. Don’t overcrowd the pan or they won’t get crispy. Pan fry for 5-7 mins on each side. Cut into the middle of your meat, if any pinkness remains, put it back in the oven/pan – this can vary depending on how thick/think your chicken is.
- SAUCE: Fry your onions and garlic on a medium heat with a little oil for 5-7 minutes until translucent. Add your mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Add your white wine or brandy and boil down for 4-5 minutes. Add the dijon mustard and herbs, stir well. When ready to serve, add the single cream and stir. Season to taste
- KALE: Boil for 7 minutes and serve
As always, please post your results in the comments. Good idea to warm your plates beforehand too – especially if you have the oven on anyway 🙂