We usually serve this as part of a medley of Indian bites on a Monday night which is usually vegetarian night in our house. Its lovely with Kudhi – a yoghurty curry sauce – and basmati rice. I like to bake mine in the oven on the premise that its less work and healthier but my husband prefers to fry it on the hob to get lots of yummy little crispy bits!! Here’s the oven based “healthy” version in the interests of keeping you all alive longer to read my blog 😉
1kg white potatoes
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp madras curry powder
Half tsps of: ground cumin, ground coriander, chilli powder and tumeric
1tsp mustard seeds
Sprinkle of chopped Coriander
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a large flat pan with foil and add the oil. Put it in the oven to warm up for 5-10 minutes
- Peel and dice your potatoes into 1cm cubes
- Add all your spices together, take your pan out of the oven and pour the spices on top of the oil and stir it around.
- Tumble in your potatoes and toss them to cover in the spice mix
- Put them in the oven for 30-40 minutes tossing/turning them over every 10 minutes or so
- For the last 5-10 minutes, add your mustard seeds to the pan
- Sprinkle over your coriander and serve
2 thoughts on “Potato Fry”
I can confirm…this is delicious!
[…] So this is an accompaniment that is somewhat addictive! At first sight you’d think it bland and uninspiring but pair it with the right curries and you will be surprised! Its great with my Potato Fry […]