Great little ‘go-to’ soup for lazy lunching and freezes really well too..
- 1 diced onion
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 500g pack of frozen butternut squash
- 400g Tinned Cherry Tomatoes or normal plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika – smoked or hot
- 200ml Stock – vegetable or chicken but try to buy one without any chemicals, additives or preservatives – obviously making your own is best but Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder is a good fast alternative
Herbs that will enhance: (1 tsp, chopped)
Cook down the onions, carrot and celery for 5 minutes in a little coconut oil. Sprinkle in the paprika and stir. Add the butternut, tomatoes and stock and cook for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are nice and soft. Add any herbs you can from the list and blitz with a stick blender or blend in a machine, just be careful to let it cool a little first. Try and get it really nice and smooth.
If its too thick, add a little water to loosen.
Serve with toasted gluten free bread, a drizzle of fancy oil, some chilli flakes or topped with seeds.